View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 02:00 PM   #308
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

August 11, 2007
Match #3: away at Swansea (14th with 2 points, 2 draws in 2 games)
Odds: Luton 7-4, Swansea 5-4 (fav)
S: Showunmi/Kaviedes/Mellor
MC: Wellens
DM: Davis/Evans/Keane (small up arrows on wingbacks)
DC: Bruce/James/O'Connor
GK: Beckwith

They show a 4-4-2 formation with heavy push from the wingers.

14': They head in a center on the near post. Down 0-1.

22': They score a 2nd goal. Down 0-2.

The first half ends on that 0-2 score. A rough first half, in which we're outshot 4 to 11 (2 to 4 on target) and where they control the ball 57% of the time...

49': We go down 0-3 as they do just about whatever they want on the pitch...

55': After many short passes, Ivan Kaviedes powers a header into the net. Still down, 1-3 now.

57': Rob Beckwith rushes out but he miscalculates his rush and can't quite get a hand on the ball. Down 1-4. Beckwith has a rating of 5, I pull him out. In comes 16yo Ryan Morris for his first ever league appearance.

82': Morris lets one more goal in, even though he's doing not so bad overall. Down 1-5.

That was an ugly game, in which the only bright spot was to see Ryan Morris break the record of youngest player to ever play in a league for the Hatters by 587 days.

Final Score: Luton 1, Swansea 5
Shots: Luton 5(3), Swansea 22(11)

MoM: Swansea's Lee Trundle with 1 goal and a rating of 9.
HoM: nobody, really...

We drop to 21st and into the drop zone, not the kind of start to the season I was looking for...

Player News
Adam Chambers
goes to the media. He wants first-team football. He's a D/DM RC that was shown to be lacking a little last season. He got plenty of chances to show his stuff while Keith Keane was on loan, but he never impressed me. I have Richie Wellens and Paul Evans who will man the central defensive middie position for the foreseeable future, and Keith Keane and Kevin Foley will alternate at the right wingback position. As for playing him on defense, he's shown me in the past that this isn't his position of choice. For now, I'll let him sulk...

FM