View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 12:00 PM   #306
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

League Cup Draw
The draw for the 1st round of the League Cup happens. We will play League Two Oxford at Kenilworth Road on August 22. We played them to a 0-0 draw in a friendly on July 20, on their pitch.

Training News
I split all the players into my 4 main training schedule: defending, attacking, midfielders, goalkeeping.

August 4, 2007
Match #1: home vs MK Dons (finished 11th last season)
Odds: Luton evens (fav), MK Dons 9-4
S: Mellor/Kaviedes/Vine
AMC: Mansell
DM: Davis/Wellens/Foley (small up arrows on wingbacks)
DC: Bruce/James/Coyne
GK: Beckwith

Ivan Kaviedes is sort of back to being fit, even though he's got the lowest condition of all players with 93%, compared to mostly 99 and 100% for everybody else.

Marc Bridge-Wilkinson lacks match fitness but is available to play. He'll start on the bench.

We go with the 3-4-3, a formation I've grown to like. MK Dons show a 4-4-2 formation with moderate push from the wingers.

The first half ends with a 0-0 score. We're outshooting them with a 2-1 ratio (8 to 4, 4 to 2 on target) and controlling the ball a lot on their end, but couldn't convert.

46': We give them the ball right on the kickoff and they take to our penalty box, converting off the post. Down 0-1.

Their keeper got injured in the 80th minute, after they had done their three subs, so they finished with 10 players and a regular player as keeper, yet we didn't take advantage of that, losing the match 0-1. Very frustrating loss...

Final Score: Luton 0, MK Dons 1
Shots: Luton 14(8), MK Dons 10(3)

MoM: MK Dons' keeper David Martin, with a rating of 9 (before he got injured)
HoM: nobody stood out...

Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 6/14
middle: 21/24
their zone: 22/13
Overall: 49/51

We open the season in 18th place.

FM