View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 11:48 AM   #305
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

July 29, 2007
We play our sixth and last friendly against a Conference South side, Sutton Utd, on their pitch. The first goal from both teams came out of free kicks. Keith Keane scored to give us the lead first. Neil Mellor took control in the second half, scoring a pair of goals to bring the final score to 3-1. We outshot them 15 to 10, even though they outdid us on target, 6 to 5. We won possession with 53%. 16yo Ryan Morris was named Man of the Match with a rating of 9 in the 45 minutes he played. The season starts on August 4.

Loan News
Northampton want to have Rob Beckwith on loan for three months. As much as he is frustrating me right now, being outrated by the 16yo Morris, he is our best shot at winning games and is indispensable to the team right now. It's a resounding no...

Transfer News
Rotherham decide not to go forward on Kevin Foley. I guess the 600k I set was a bit too high for them...

Promotion Odds
The 2006-07 promotion odds have been announced. Three teams have been declared co-favourites to gain promotion to the English Championship, with odds of 7-4: Walsall, Swindon, and Derby. After that come Colchester and Barnsley with odds of 2-1, and Brighton with odds of 5-2.

We are priced at 12-1, which, according to pundits, suggests that following our relegation, we only have an outside chance of bouncing straight back up. By all account a mid-table position would be a more realistic bet for our team.

August 1st, 2007
The Luton Team Board is still very pleased with my performance as manager of the club. Let's hope it will stay this way...

FM