View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 10:58 AM   #304
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

July 26, 2007
We have a friendly against a Conference North side, Gateshead, to be played on their pitch. Our whole defensive unit is having a rough start. We went down 0-1 in the 12th minute and after they hit two posts on the 21st minute, we could even hear the question: Can Luton weather the storm? Rob Beckwith is having a very bad game, with a 5 so far, and he lets in a second goal in the 41st minute. Neil Mellor will later score for us, making it a final score of 1-2.

Mellor gets named the Man of the Match with his rating of 8, one goal, winning 6 headers out of 6, 3 of them key headers. Richie Wellens and Ryan Morris also both had ratings of 8. Rob Beckwith was pulled out with a rating of 5.

So much for us taking ourselves seriously. The game brought an amazing crowd of 85 people to the stands, weehee!!! This is very humbling...

Transfer News
Rotherham inquires about Kevin Foley. They want to know how much we'd want for him. Foley is coming off is best season ever, averaging ratings of 7.34 in 35 appearances in our one season in the English Championship. He's also still kinda youngish, at only 22 years of age. He's valued at $240k for now, I tell them that $600k would do it...

International Round-Up
Ivan Kaviedes
played the whole game but didn't play very well in the final of Copa América. His condition was down to 41% (ouch, bring the I.V.!!!) at the end of the 2-0 loss of Ecuador against Argentina. Was a pretty good run by Ecuador though, as they were underdogs in their last three games...

FM