View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 10:45 AM   #303
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

July 23, 2007
We have our annual crowd pleaser friendly against a Premiership team. This time it's against Fulham. We lose it 0-3 and it was never close, although I have to say their third goal came from a deflected shot through our wall on a free kick. ghey outshot us 14 to 2 (4 to 0 on target) even though we still won possession with 51%. 25 of those were us trying to control the ball on our end... Neil Mellor is our only bright spot with a rating of 8. The crowd 9886, out of a capacity of 9975 was a nice sight, even though many of them left early when we went down by three...

We are left with two friendlies, both away, to lower sides: Gateshead and Sutton Utd.

International Round-Up
Ivan Kaviedes
came in as a sub in the 45th minute, in Ecuador's win in penalty kicks against Peru, in the semi final of the Copa América. He ecen scored in the shootout. Looking as to why he came from the bench, I see he is very tired and the report even is that he will need to be nurtured back to fitness in time for the new season. Woah... Ecuador still has the final of the Copa América to play, on July 28, against Argentina.

July 25, 2007
With a little over a week in preseason, I switch training to all the players to either "goalkeeping", "late pre-season attacking", or "late pre-season defending", depending on the players' needs.

FM