View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 10:33 AM   #284
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

May 10, 2007
Before heading into offseason at full speed, I decide to take a look at what my Team Board think of my work. I'm pleasantly surprised. Other than that fact that they are delighted with my performance as a manager, they also have a comment about the team's performance this past season. They say they are pleased with the spirited performances that the players put in during the season. They add that it is a testimony to my managerial ability that I kept the players motivated throughout the season. Wow, very nice to hear

Transfer News
Date is May 16 and I'm going through players that would be available through Bosman transfers. My eyes catch a MC currently playing with Blackpool, named Richie Wellens. He's 27yo and shows a good set of skills. Currently earning 4200 per week, he's asking for 11500 and 80k in signing fee. He's valued at $2.2M and has averaged some very impressive form ratings in the last 3 seasons. I decide to offer him the most my team board will allow me, which is 9400 per week, plus a signing fee of 120k.

He accepts our offer on May 20th! The transfer will go through on July 1st, at the end of his current contract. You can click on the following two thumbnails to see his player profile and his stats of the last three seasons...

As you can see, he's had some very impressive seasons. He could certainly be used as the lone DMC or MC, where I could only hope for results as good as what he turned in with Blackpool.

I decide to offer Joe Murphy around. It's now clear that Beckwith is our keeper of the future. I'll have to post his player profile someday...

FA Cup News
Wow! Manchester United just won their 4th consecutice FA Cup. I usually don't follow the cups unless I'm still in and since I've been ousted in the 1st round more than a few times, I didn't know they had had such a run...

Training News
Our training facility has been upgraded, just as the Team Board had promised it would be. We now have top facilities *plus* youth academy!!! Anybody can tell me what difference I could see on my team's training, or youth players?

Transfer News
The transfer budget is announced. The Team Board announced it will be in the region of 260k, which is not bad, given we're back in League One. I'm tempted by signing Ricky Hanson, who's been on the squad on loan the whole season. He's only 22, and very versatile, able to play as D/DM/F RC. Currently valued at 220k. I'll think about it... You can click the following thumbnail to se his player profile.

FM