View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 09:36 AM   #47
revrew
Team Chaplain

Behind the scenes:

The game played out as we needed it to, turning into a passing fest instead of a ground battle. On the injury front, Hackett and Flynn (who played, Hackett having a huge game) are upgraded to probable, while Kennedy Eisenbraun comes down with a broken finger. He's questionable, but it's all out now as we streak for the state title in our inaugural season. (Un-freakin'-believable!)

West Central is a big passing team that obliterates running attacks, and shuts down passing as well. They are inept offensively on 3rd down, but lead the league in defensive third down percentage, likely because they are 3rd in the league in racking up sacks. Thankfully, 153 penalties against them means we have a big advantage in discipline.

Unfortunately, this is the most talented squad we've faced all season. Their QB has the best ratings I have ever seen in a player, they have a TE and receivers to catch it, an O-line that can protect, and some studs on defense that make them extremely solid. Their coach is a well-rounded, though his offensive playcalling hampers his incredibly talented squad. We go into this game a serious underdog.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote