View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 09:25 AM   #283
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

May 6, 2007
Match #46: home vs Preston (15th with 56pts, we have 38pts)
odds: Luton 7-2, Preston 4-6 (fav)
S: Tarachulski/Mellor/Vine
AMC: Bridge-Wilkinson
DM: Wilde/Keane/Foley
DC: Bruce/James/Coyne
GK: Beckwith

We go back to the 3-4-3. Ivan Kaviedes is on the bench since he suffered a minor injury in training and his condition is only showing at 80%. Preston shows a 4-4-2 with moderate push from the wingers.

17': Marc Bridge-Wilkinson's corner is at the source of a foul against one of our strikers. PENALTY!!! BW puts it in easily. Up 1-0.

25': While Rowan Vine is being attended to by the physio, Marc Bridge-Wilkinson puts a free kick from just outside their penalty box into the net. Up 2-0!

The half ends with us up by 2. We are outshooting them 9 to 7 (7 to 5 on target, very impressive on target percentage!). Possession is very evenly split, 48/52 to their advantage.

89': They score on a late free kick. Still up, now 2-1.

MoM: Marc Bridge-Wilkinson with a rating of 10 in 45 minutes of play. He scored 2 goals.

Rob Beckwith also plays very well, getting a rating of 9.

Final Score: Luton 2, Preston 1
Shots: Luton 17(12), Preston 13(7)

Forgot to write down the overall possession numbers, but they skewed toward our end in the second half, mostly toward the end of the half. At some point, I felt like they had about all of their team in our box. Went to check on their tactic, here's what popped up at me:

That is pretty aggressive, although it wasn't effective against us...

After the game I decide to praise Chris Coyne. He's worried that I signed a replacement to take his place. While I admit I signed many defenders lately, Coyne in top shape now, is the one who's playing the best defensive football in the group. I hope the praise will get him to settle down and stop worrying.

Achievement News
Marc Bridge-Wilkinson is named on the English Championship Team of the Week. Always nice to see.

Contract News
Jacob Burns accepts our offer. The transfer will go through at the end of his current contract, on July 1, 2007. You can click the thumbnails below to see his player profile and his stats of the last three seasons...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 01-27-2005 at 09:26 AM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote