View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 07:37 AM   #277
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
Ouch. O'Connor's positioning is . . . harsh. Otherwise, he'd be a heck of a centreback.

Mellor (curse upon him for harming Arsenal's season) is a solid prospect in real life. I don't know if you play with a target man but, based on his ratings, he seems like he would make a solid candidate for that role.

Right now, strangely enough, O'Connor is caught off position less than Bruce, who has 16 in positioning. Bruce is in an overall slump and should be able to jump back out of it, at least I hope.

Mellor, I liked as soon as I saw him. Right now, Kaviedes is playing the role of target man. I don't remember ever posting his player profile. I'll try to do that tonight. He's got only 5 in both pace and stamina, but he's a killer in so many other ways. He can have very good games but sometimes some very bad ones. He's also 29yo already and having Mellor at only 22 his a good thing for the future. I may end up alternating them at the target man spot.

Right now, I think I have found a bit of what's not right with the team, something I have not mentionned yet. Marc Bridge-Wilkinson, our star attacking midfielder, and team top goal scorer, has been injured for about the last 3 weeks to a month, with back to back injuries. Lee Mansell is filling in not so bad, but I used to platoon Bridge-Wilkinson and Mansell in games, usually starting one and giving the other the last 30 minutes of the game, so I would always have a fresh man in the AMC spot. Mark Jones is the backup/third man at AMC and while he's not playing bad, he's not having the same effect that BW can have on a game... BW and Kavi can sometimes connect very well in the middle of the field and create some beautiful pieces of play...

FM