View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 01:50 PM   #273
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin
Did you acquire all these new players to fill infor injured players, or are the injured players backto being healthy and now you need to figure out who to keep and stuff?

At least when you relegate this time, you'll have a stronger team and hopefully be able to bounce right back up, with a bit more experience and a bit more depth...and not quite as many injuries!!!

Thanks for the update

~tk

Bruce, I had signed him before the injuries started hitting the team. I thought he'd fit in well, and will probably do.

Burton was clearly acquired in the middle of the injury crisis and was a good buy, given his low transfer price and wage hit. I bought him when I realized that Mark Williams, who played well in our end of season stretch last year at 35 years of age, had lost a step or two when he turned 36. I look at his skills and all I see is red arrows everywhere, about week after week...

O'Connor was a spur of the moment kind of buy. I'm stil not sure how he'll fit in, although he looks like an improvement over my current guys, he may just be part of a rotationg scheme.

Mellor, I liked a lot, at least on paper. He too will have to prove he can be part of the first team on a regular basis.

Of the 4, other than the cheap buy Burton, these guys have one thing in common: they are younger than my usual buys. I've bought many 28-32 year olds in my first 3 seasons. These new guys are all in the 22-24 range. I think we'll be able to build around these guys and get some strong foundations for seasons to come...

I definitely agree that we will be going back to League One a stronger team than the one we were when we promoted. Don't forget that we promoted out of 6th place, after winning the playoffs out of nowhere. I'll hope to do well next season, or else I'll be very disappointed...

FM