View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 08:11 AM   #259
mmarra82
High School Varsity

Staff Hiring Stage

I look over our head coach's ratings, and they are not that impressive, however, the team was successful last season. I feel that the organization has always been in influx, so to speak, therefore I have decided to keep McGregor on for the 2005 season.

However, we do enter this stage of the season with some uncertainty. Our defensive coordinator, Arnie Hanrahan's contract has expired, he has expressed the desire to stay, however, his demands have risen. Hanrahan came here with the coach, Ed McGregor. Hanrahan now wants to make a salary somewhere in the neighborhood of $2.5 million, that would be considerably more than McGregor's $1.5 million. I do not expect many teams to be calling on Hanrahan so if I did want to keep him I could gamble and wait it out, to get him at less of a cost, or I could shop for a new coordinator. The defensive coordinator that should draw a lot of interest is Tampa's Ernest Shields. The 38-year old is due a new contract, and with his demand so high, it could end up being a bidding war.

On the scouting front I think I will look to go another way. Daryl Whiting has done a fair job of evaluating talent. His rating of the draft have faired average results along with his evaluation of the free agent market. Possible target replacements include, Jamie Lazetti from Jacksonville, Eric Mailo from Arizona, Reggie Brock from Chicago, or a few with no experience as a lead scout, Tommie Lyon from Philadelphia, or Roderick Browning of St.Louis.

Stay tuned to see what teams will do in their first stage of staff movement.
New York Jets

Last edited by mmarra82 : 01-23-2005 at 08:33 AM.
mmarra82 is offline   Reply With Quote