View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 10:34 PM   #42
revrew
Team Chaplain

Behind the scenes:

This victory, as impressive as it appeared, was handed to us in part by that 13-0 penalty ratio. The success of this team this year cannot be explained by our great running game (it was mighty anemic) or by our great defense (which was even worse). We did get stellar play out of a few key players (Ingram, Hackett, and Flynn) and we also were +13 in turnover ratio, #1 in the NFL in 3rd down percentage, #1 in red-zone scoring, and committed a mere 29 penalties all year. There were 4 teams that committed over 170…and we committed 29. I also cannot overlook the play of Brant Eppbright. When he's in there, we've rolled to first downs, and scored 30+ a game. With him on the sidelines, we scored less than 10 pts per game. Our offense was built around a fullback, and I may be looking to draft one high in the offseason to replace him.

Going into the playoffs, our only injury is the loss of MLB Bubba Porter to the IR. The rest of the squad is fully back to health.

Final Upper Mississippi Valley Conference Standings:
Mar-Mac: 12-4
Lansing: 10-6
Valley of Elgin: 9-7
Cresco-Notre Dame: 8-8
North Winn: 7-9
Garnavillo: 6-10

You may or may not remember that this is almost the flip opposite of pre-season predictions. Obviously, the sheer volume of talent does not accurately predict season results.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote