View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 10:29 PM   #41
revrew
Team Chaplain

Week 16: Central Warriors

North Iowa Times
Spartans Charge Back into Win Column
McGREGOR, IA—The Mar-Mac Spartans finished their first regular-season campaign with a sparklingly efficient game, dominating on all sides of the ball in a 35-3 victory over the Central Warriors. Central, on the other hand, blundered 13 penalties (to the Spartans' zero), in the final game of a disappointing season.

Mar-Mac QB Lincoln Ingram threw 3 touchdowns, making him the state leader in that category with 32. TE Seth Hackett ended his TD draught by catching one score, also making him the state leader in that category with 12. Spartan safety Hunter Flynn did not intercept a pass, but his 11 INTs on the season also makes him the state leader.

"Obviously, Lincoln played a great game. He may be the finest quarterback I will ever have the privelege of coaching," said Mar-Mac coach Everett Malone. "In this game, however, do not discount 3 things: the absence of a single penalty, the outstanding play of our defensive line, and the return of FB Brant Eppbright. We got a solid game out of everybody today, and that's why we were able to dominate."

Offense, defense, and special teams contributed for the Spartans, including freshman Patrick Hall's back-breaking punt return for a touchdown in the fourth quarter. The Spartans won their conference and finish the season ranked #8 in the state in Division 1A. Their next game will be a trip to the regional playoffs against an opponent yet to be determined.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote