View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 09:43 AM   #40
revrew
Team Chaplain

Behind the scenes:

Coach wasn't kidding about suiting up a manager. Our LB corps is so depleted I had to sign someone before the game. Unfortunately, it also meant putting MLB Bubba Porter on IR to free up a roster spot. Roster management is proving to be much more difficult in this challenge, because I have to consider the future, so I don't want to cut some of these freshman and sophomores—even though they aren't worth much. For example, I've got a freshman WR that hasn't played all year. It would normally make sense to cut him to make room for that extra LB. But every other WR on the roster is a senior. He's the only returning wideout I have for next year. I can't cut him!

Now I receive the lovely news that Porter will likely be ready for the playoffs…but he's on IR. This may be the luck that kills our chances at a state title.

Next week, we go in without our LBs again. The manager will get his second start. But I'm bringing Eppbright back in an attempt to ground out some more first downs.

Our opponent, Central of Elkader, is a roller coaster. They have playmakers on offense that could kill us, but have the worst O-line in the NFL. They have two great LBs (again), but the defense is injury-ridden, and the secondary wasn't that good to begin with. Statistically, their passing attack is anemic, and their third-down percentages awful. The defense is subpar, but opportunistic on turnovers.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote