View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 10:17 AM   #259
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Decembre 16, 2006
Match #23: away at Preston (currently 13th with 28 point, we have 19 points)
odds: Luton 7-4, Preston 5-4 (fav)
S: Morris/Pinnock/Vine
MC: Bridge-Wilkinson (with up arrow)
DM: Wilde/Evans/Foley (small up arrows on wingbacks)
DC: Chambers/James/Coyne
GK: Murphy

With the injury to Sol Davis, Bobby Wilde gets the start at left wingback.

Preston show a 4-4-2 formation with heavy push from the wingers.

18th minute: James Pinnock is starting to piss me off a bit. He can't put the darn balloon on target! Three shots for him already, wide every time...

24th minute: And here's a fourth one, all alone on the penalty spot...

42nd minute: Two of their players position themselves behind our line of defenders, near the 6 yard line. The incoming center is perfect and they have an easy header for the goal. Amazingly enough, this was the first shot on target for either team, after 15 tries...

Half is over with me down 0-1. We're very much in this game, even slightly winning possession, with 51%. I pull James Pinnock and put Bartosz Tarachulski in.

53rd minute: Chris Coyne is caught too forward, which leaves them moving at ease against only two defenders. After 3 or 4 quick passes, they score. Down 0-2.

65th minute: Luck really isn't there for us, as I witness a great play from Bartosz Tarachulski to Rowan Vine, but Vine hits the post!!!

71st minute: Adam Chambers lofts one high ball to Lee Morris on the left. He doesn't miss is chance for his first Luton goal of the season. Still down, 1-2.

86th minute: Joe Murphy misjudges his rush out and his caught off balance as their 3rd goal goes in. Down 1-3.

It's a much closer game than what the scoreboard indicates. Nonetheless, it's still a loss...

Final Score: Luton 1, Preston 3
Shots (on target): Luton 15 (5), Preston 13 (5)
MoM: Preston's keeper, Andrew Lonergan, with a rating of 8.
HoM: Rowan Vine with a rating of 8. He also had one goal, completed 28 of 36 passes, 7 of them key passes, and put 3 of his 4 shots on target.

Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 14/21
middle: 20/20
their zone: 13/11
Overall: 47/53

They were playing the damned 4-2-4 at the end of the game. No wonder we got in trouble...

We remain in 20th but now only 1 point out of relegation. There are three teams tiead with 18 points.

FM