View Single Post
Old 01-18-2005, 01:26 PM   #253
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

FA Cup Draw News
The draw for the 3rd round of the FA Cup happens. I didn't know that the Championship teams got in the FA Cup only in the 3rd round, kinda sad... We're not really lucky with this draw, as we get an away match against fellow Championship team, Leicester, to be played on January 6, 2007. Leicester is currently in 5th place in the Championship and they beat us 3-4 just recently.

Injury News
Ivan Kaviedes sprains an ankle in training. It may be because he's flamboyant and all, but he gets a news item saying he'll be doubtful to play in Luton Town's crucial relegation clash with Reading on December 30th (we're December 5th) as he strugges with a sprained ankle, according to a local newspaper.

Kaviedes has been told he will be out for at least 4 weeks after suffering a sprained ankle. Luton fans are still hoping the 29yo striker can recover in time, but recognise that it will be touch and go.

That's a blow, as Kavi was playing much better lately. Back to square one...

Transfer News
Mark Goodlad
signs with Reading. Off he goes. With the sale, I see that our wage budget has been upped to 93k. We're now at 75804 in wages, plus Alex Bruce's wage when he gets with us, around 4000, so I got room for one or two players under there. I think I'm gonna go shopping, especially with about 600k in transfer budget...

FM