View Single Post
Old 01-18-2005, 01:17 PM   #252
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

December 3, 2006
Match #20: home vs Rotherham (currently 20th, 1 point ahead of us.)
odds: Luton 6-4 (fav), Rotherham 13-8
S: Showunmi/Kaviedes/Tarachulski
MC: Bridge-Wilkinson (with up arrow)
DM: Davis/Chambers/Foley (long up arrows on wingbacks)
D: Hanson/James/Coyne
GK: Murphy

The oddsmakers have us as favorites for the first time this season, wow.

Since Oyedele had a down game, and seemed to be simply running around in our last match, and Ricky Hanson played pretty well when I put him in his place in the second half, I give the start to Hanson. We go with the 3-4-3 again, this time dropping the AMC to an MC position, with

Rotherham played a 4-3-3 formation similar on top to our 3 strikers formations, but with 3 middies on a line in the middle. They show the same formation at the start of the match.

Bartosz Tarachulski is severly lacking in match fitness. I'm gonna keep a close eye on him.

31st minute: Tony James is caught too deep in the opponent's territory after making a throw in. They play the long ball over the 2 remaining defenders and a striker is left alone against a Joe Murphy who's rushing out. He can't stop the shot. Down 0-1.

The half ends with us down 0-1. Adam Chambers and Sol Davis are having bad games, both at 5 right now. They are winning possession with 56%. I pull out Chambers and put Richard Johnson in.

We dominate the second half but can't convert anything. A frustrating loss. We can't afford to dominate and not come out with the win...

Final Score: Luton 0, Rotherham 1
Shots (on target): Luton 13 (6), Rotherham 7 (1)
MoM: Rotherham's keeper Mike Pollitt with a rating of 9.
HoM: Marc Bridge-Wilkinson with a rating of 8, 28 passes completed out of 36, 6 of them key passes, and 4 interceptions.

Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 8/13
middle: 19/29
their zone: 18/13
Overall: 45/55

We remain in 20th place, still 4 points out of the drop zone.

I probably played Tarach a bit too long. He's still not match fit and while he didn't get bad ratings, nothing was happening on the right until I put James Pinnock in his place.

We don't play before one week.

FM