View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005, 08:54 AM   #31
revrew
Team Chaplain

Behind the scenes:

What can I say about junior safety Hunter Flynn? His 2 INTs, including the pick in OT, won it for us. We discovered, as I feared, that without FB Eppbright, our running game would get into trouble. J.B. Chapman did admirably, but the rest of the backs were pitiful. I may up Chapman's touches next game.

No new injuries going into next week, though I sure wish our FB and MLB were in the lineup for the big clincher against Lansing. Losses by North Winn and Valley of Elgin have essentially made the UMVC championship a battle between two teams—us and Lansing. We meet next week.

Offensively, Lansing doesn't do much on the ground, but they really air it out. QB Martin Mayes has fantastic protection, and he threw for 326 on us last time. Defensively, they don't allow much on the ground (held us to 57 last time), and allow nothing in the air. Their secondary is fantastic. We smoke them in the intangibles—third down percentage, red zone scoring, and penalty yardage.

Unfortunately, the loss of Eppbright means we won't be able to draw their secondary down, so I see the key to winning this game is watching for Seth Hackett to draw coverage against a LB and tossing to him at least 10 times this game. We'll need J.B. Chapman to give us some breathing room, because we can't pass it all day against these guys. Finally, a solid effort from our secondary could seal not only this game, but the UMVC conference, this challenge's primary objective.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote