View Single Post
Old 03-07-2003, 04:28 PM   #125
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Ruben Stewart Sold

Back-up striker Ruben Stewart finally got his wish granted, as he was sold earlier today for $30,000. The winner of the bidding was fellow FOFC team and SSFC supporter, Eilim's Bull Dogs. It's always nice to see players stay within the FOFC family.

$27,000 of that money found its way into the Screamin' Seamen club coffers.

International News

The American U-20 team kept their hopes for a U-20 World Cup title alive this afternoon, defeating the U-20 Finland team, 3-1. This sets up an interesting match next week against rival Mexico. U.S.A. will need a win against Mexico if they hope to advance to second round group play.

If you guys are interested in seeing some Hattrick drool-material, take a gander at Jude Sutherland (ID# 2471384). At 20 years old, Jude is already the single best American-born goalkeeper on the planet, and put up an incredible 8.5 stars ( ) against Finland in today's U-20 match. He already has 17 caps for the U-20 team and 11 caps for the national team.

Jude's assessed value is $10,147,000, and his weekly salary is $34,180 (greater than my entire team put together). He plays for the Yuma Bulldogs, the #1 team in series III.11. On an entertaining side note, the Bulldogs have given up 6 league goals this entire season!

Sutherland is one of those guys that I have kept half an eye on since I started playing the game. One of my long-term goals is to have Jude on my team someday (a long, long time from now, no doubt). Just something I thought you guys might find entertaining.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote