View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 08:19 AM   #242
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Transfer/Contract News
Blackburn accept our transfer bid for Alex Bruce! We can now talk contract with him. He is asking for $3200 per week, with a signing fee of $8000, and a minimum fee release clause of $650k. First thing I do is I up the release clause to $1.2M, seeing he's already valued at 1.05M. My assistant believes Bruce would become a useful member of the first team and he recommends a wage of $2200 per week. Bruce is currently paid $1800 per week. I make a first offer at $2200 per week and a signing fee of $10k.

Among other transfer news, while looking at player stats in League One, I find this young phenom, a 17yo central defender who's currently averaging 7.75 in form rating. Yeah, it may only be in League One, and when I take a look at his profile, he's got some holes in there, but could he be a second Kevin Joyce? Name is Jason Forbes and he's currently valued at 120k. With a very affordable current wage at $600, I would like getting him and having him play with my U18 and Reserves with an occasional game with the senior squad, maybe he could develop into a long term project... I decide to declare my interest.

The backlash is almost immediate. My fans are concerned that I'm interested in a player some say is on the fringes of the Watford squad. Fans are adamant that if Forbes isn't good enough to play for their biggest rivals, then he definitely isn't good enough to play for Luton. I'm gonna hold off on him for now, but I got news for the fans. I'm the one doing the groceries, to borrow a famous line, and Watford aren't our big rivals anymore... Meanwhile, one of my scouts reported to me that Forbes would be a good acquisition. We'll see..

International Round-Up
Ivan Kaviedes
played well for Ecuador, before being substituted. He got a form rating of 7 in a friendly against Panama.

Transfer News
Sheffield Wednesday offers me keeper Allan McGregor again. This time the price if set at $20k. Funny how the computer uses tricks very similar to the ones I use myself. Sheffield first offered him to me at $550k, then dropped the price to $60k in a second offer, and now this third one. Nice touch!

FM