View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 11:52 AM   #240
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

November 4, 2006
Match #16: away at Wolves (currently 1st with 35pts, we have 12 pts )
S: Showunmi/Kaviedes/Vine
AM: Mansell
DMC: Johnson/Chambers (with up arrows)
D: Davis/James/Coyne/Hanson (full backs with up arrows)
GK: Murphy

I go back to 4-3-3, if only to have 4 defenders in the back, as I expect them to be very strong. They played a 4-4-2 with moderate push from the wingers in their last game and show the same formation as we get to this game.

2nd minute: They have us running around early on. We leave a man open in the 6 yard box and they go for the kill. Very bad start in form as everybody but two players show 5's. Down 0-1 very early.

4th minute: We kick off, they steal the ball and do it again. I feel like a I'm coaching a team of kids, about 4 feet tall, playing against an all pro team... Down 0-2.

15th minute: They get a throw in from the sideline to right inside our penalty box. Top corner follows, down 0-3. Ricky Hanson is having a dog of a game, rating for of 4. 17 minutes into the game, they have shot 8 times already, 5 times on target.

30th minute: As if they needed more help, Rowan Vine gets 2 yellows in about 3 minutes. He's sent off...

32nd minute: Being 10 on the field is hurting us fast, as a centered ball is headed in. We go down 0-4. From there and on, I drop everybody around the box except the strikers, whom I drop to the center line.

The first half is over, thankfully. They controlled the ball 72% of the time, 47% of which were on our end of the field.

46th minute: They head in a corner kick (can you believe I don't feel like taking notes by now...) Down 0-5...

Amazingly, they don't score any more, woah...

Final Score: Luton 0, Wolves 5
Shots (on target): Luton 2 (1), Wolves 36 (18)
MoM: Wolves' Claus Jorgensen with a rating of 10. He's one of 3 players with ratings of 10, the only one without a goal, must have played a heck of a game...
HoM: Seriously, you think anyone deserves to be Hatter of the Match???

Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 19/16
middle: 17/22
their zone: 10/16
Overall: 46/54

We remain in 22nd place.

I take back everything I said aftre the Nottingham Forest debacle, this one is the ugliest match I've ever seen us play. I must say some of it was brought down on us as I tried many different things to try and regain some sort of control, but to no avail...

We picked up half a ton of yellow cards in this match. Ricky Hanson and James Pinnock will both miss next match as they have reached the limit of 5 yellow cards. Rowan Vine will also be banned for a match because of his sent off...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 01-12-2005 at 08:02 AM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote