View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 09:28 AM   #238
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

October 28, 2006
Not much happened in the week, other than a few more injuries in training. Lee Morris suffered a damaged shoulder just this morning and will miss 5 days. Adam Chambers is still out with a groin injury. Curtis Davies bruised a rib 2 days ago and will miss one more day. Kevin Foley and Bartosz Tarachulski are still injured too.

Match #14: away at Crystal Palace (currently 4th with 24 points, we have 11 points)
odds: Luton 3-1, Crystal Palace 4-5(fav)
S: Showunmi/Kaviedes/Vine
MC: Mansell (with up arrow)
DM: Davis/Evans/Hanson (small arrows on wingbacks)
D: Williams/James/Coyne (down arrows to all)
GK: Murphy

I don't understand these optimistic odds.

They played a 3-4-3 with 3 middies on a line, and they show the same formation as we get to the game.

I set a 3-4-3 again, but a bit less offensive.

23rd minute: They kick a corner in the penalty, to a man we left open. Down 0-1.

24th minute: We've just kicked off and I see them charging again. What looked like a competitive start from us is now turning into a disaster as we go down 0-2 after a centered ball is kick right in.

38th minute: Not even to the half, and I'd want it to end right now. Each and every highlights is them taking a shot or three to our goal. They score another as they pinball the ball around. We just can't match up with them. Down 0-3.

The first half is over with us down 0-3. Possession is bad, they own us with 63%. 39% of them time is them with the ball in our zone... They'Ve already shot 17 times, 7 times on target.

46th minute: No joke, to figure out how many of their players are in our box, it's easier to count the ones that are outside. 1, 2, 3, plus the one that just centered, 4 outside leaves 6 in the box. Yet they didn't score this time.

48th minute: As if they needed the help, Richard Johnson handballs the incoming free kick. He's inside our penalty box, PENALTY!!! Joe Murphy blocks it!!!

50th minute: After a rare through ball, Lee Mansell is offside. The ensuing free kick is sent all the way over our line of defenders, to a free man on the run in our penalty box. He's left with an easy finish. Down 0-4.

54th minute: We get a free kick outside their box. Richard Johnson kicks it over the wall, top corner for his first goal of the season. Still down 1-4.

59th minute: Tony James is a bit agressive and upends an opponent inside the penalty box, PENALTY!!! But again, Joe Murphy blocks it!!! Against the same player who he frustrated the first time. And that player is no slouch, he's rated at 18 in penalty.

79th minute: I can't wait for this game to be over. I was under the impression it was going better since I had told the guys to press more, but we get scored on again following a perfect center. Down 1-5.

Final Score: Luton 1, Crystal Palace 5
Shots (on target): Luton 4 (2), Crystal Palace 28 (12)
MoM: Crystal Palace's Sandor Torghell with a 10 and 4 goals. They had two more players with ratings of 10.
HoM: Richard Johnson with a rating of 7. He scored our only goal to avoid the clean sheet.

Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 10/37
middle: 15/22
their zone: 11/5
Overall: 36/64

We drop to 22nd and in the relegation zone, 1 point off of 21st (Millwall).

I had good reasons not to believe the optimistic odds...

FM