View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 08:45 AM   #236
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Training News
Giuseppe Rossi
resumes training after missing 4 weeks with a groin injury.

Season News
We've come to the end of a second block of 6 games. This one has not been so good. Let's take a look:

Match #7: Luton 1, Cardiff City 2
Match #8: Luton 2, Stoke 1
Match #9: Luton 1, Ipswich 2
Match #10: Luton 1, Q.P.R. 3
Match #11: Luton 0, Nottingham Forest 3
Match #12: Luton 0, Derby 1

So it's 1 win, 5 losses. yipes... I'm trying to cheer myself up, since other than the Nottingham Forest debacle, all the other games were pretty close. Even the 1-3 loss to Q.P.R. wasn't as bad, as we had the lead for a long time before collapsing. Yet, the 3 tiny points we got here are quite less than the 7 points objective I had set for every block...

Injury News
Adam Chambers suffers a groing strain in training. He will miss 2 weeks.

Achievement News
Tony James
has been selected in the English Championship Team of the Week.

Manager Mind Games
Gillingham manager, Andy Hessenthaler, says that, even though he respects me, he will be doing everything in his power to keep his team away from the drop zone and if that meant Luton Town going down, then so be it. We play Gillingham in our next match.

I tell him not to expect to get anything from the upcoming match. Somehow, it translates in the newspapers to me telling him that his Gillingham side stand absolutely no chance of coming away from the game with the points. That I can live with, but the newspaper added this dibit at the end: "Gougeon also added that he didn't think Gillingham would still be in the Championship come the end of the season"... Well...

Two reactions happen following the comments:
(1) After Hessenthaler's comments, Marc Bridge-Wilkinson, and before I make my comment, Chris Coyne, and Bartosz Tarachulski all tbelieve the team can cope with big occasions and that they can win the big games without much effort. I wouldn't say "without much effort" but I like the confidence.

(2) After my comment, Paul Evans, Chris Coyne, and Bartosz Tarachulski all are determined to go from strength to strength. I don't get this one. I see also for some of the players on the other team...

FM