View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 08:19 AM   #231
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Injury/Player News
Following Ivan Kaviedes's injury, while looking at his player profile, I see that he is now frustrated that his injury is hampering his settling into his new club. I had never seen this one before. Looking at other injured players, I see that Rowan Vine (broken toe) has the same frustration.

Roscoe D'Sane, who's also recovering from some bruise suffered in training, hopes I will stick by him while he is injured. That's another one I had never seen before.

Nice touch...

September 16, 2006
Match #9: home vs Ipswich Town (currently 7th with 14 points, 4 ahead of us)
odds: Luton 9-4, Ipswich evens (fav)
S: Morris/Rossi/Tarachulski
AMC: Mansell
DMC: Evans/Chambers (with up arrows)
D: Davis/James/Coyne/Foley (full backs up arrows)
GK: Goodlad

Keeper Joe Murphy bruise some ribs in training and has not played very well in his last few starts, so I will start Mark Goodlad instead. We have 4 strikers in bad condition/injured: Roscoe D'Sane, Ivan Kaviedes, Enoch Showunmi, and Rowan Vine. Yet, I am able to find three starter level strikers to put on the field. I also start Lee Mansell on the attacking midfielder spot, as I like having Marc Bridge-Wilkinson come off the bench, when their defenders are getting a bit tired later on in the game.

Ipswich played an attacking 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation in their last match, with an attacking midfielder on top of 2 central midfielders, and long arrows for the wingbacks.

They show a modified 3-5-2/5-3-2 as we get to the game. They now have small arrows on the wingbacks and three midfielders on a line in the middle, no attacking midfielders.

3rd minute: Mark Goodlad kicks a perfect goal kick past the center line. It's headed on by Paul Evans, to Bartosz Tarachulski who kicks in the second gear and gets past the line of defenders, now alone with the keeper who rushes him. Tarach beats him with a ball inside the post for his first goal of the season. We're up 1-0.

7th minute: Giuseppe Rossi is injured and has to go off. James Pinnock comes in.

25th minute: We're putting a lot of pressure on them, but they get out of it. They center from the right and Mark Goodlad anticipates a bit too much where the ball is going, he isn't in position to cover the header. They tie us 1-1.

First half ends with both teams squared at 1-1. We're very much in the game, outshooting them 8 to 6, but they are one better on shots on target. They win possession so far with 54%.

84th minute: Both teams exchange breakaways. Lee Morris was in the box a second ago, but unable to convert and they come right back, with two beautiful crosses, first from left to right, the to center. Their striker is alone with Mark Goodlad who gets a hand on the ball, but it's not enough, it goes in. We go down 1-2. We will not recover from that last goal.

Final Score: Luton 1, Ipswich 2
Shots (on target): Luton 12 (5), Ipswich 16 (7)
MoM: Keeper Mark Goodlad with a rating of 8. Bartosz Tarachulski also receives a rating of 8.

Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 15/15
middle: 20/22
their zone: 12/16
Overall: 47/53

I know it's only match #9 of 46 and the season is still very young, but I'm frustrated by that loss. It was possibly the first match where I had the feeling we really belonged in the Championship, and we dropped the game...

We move *up* to 16th despite the loss. It's because Derby lost 0-3 and they moved down due to goal differential.

My physio tells me after the game that Giuseppe Rossi suffered a torn groin muscle (ouch!) and will miss 4 weeks.

FM