View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 09:11 AM   #228
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Championship News
The season is still you but Tranmere lost again. From a local newspaper: "Even at this ealry stage of the season, Rovers' fans look resigned to relegation. Unless a miracle can happen and they can turn their form around, they appear destined to remain in their current relegation spot."

Injury News
Matthew Blinkhorn
strains his groin in training. He will miss two weeks. This is getting tough on us...

September 1st, 2006
The Luton Team Board are very pleased with my management of the team.

This one getting laughable. Kevin Joyce (remember him?) come in 3rd place for the Player of the Month award in the Englsih Championship. No, not Young Player of the Month, because that, he won easily... Here's the comment that came with the announce: "The 16 year old has really shown everyone what a good player he is with his last 4 appearances." He had ratings of 8, 8, 9, 7 in theses 4 appearances, with 2 goals and Man of the Match in the "9" match... I think I'm going to cry a little more...

Transfer News
I won't cry for long though, as flamboyant striker Ivan Kaviedes arrives to Luton Town, from Barcelona, Ecuador. We had signed the 28 year old striker a long time ago to possibly replace Steve Howard as the strong center striker, target man type. He has many great facet to his playing style, we'll just have to see if it will translate into buckets of goals, or if the search for a successor to Howard will have to start again from square one. In 15 appearances with Barcelona last season, he averaged a form rating of 7.53 with 13 goals. He also has 57 caps and 16 goals for Ecuador. His $6600 wage per week brings us to within $18 of our limit of $81k per week. Hopefully we won't need any new players soon.

Reserves News
Just as Kaviedes was stepping off the plane, Giuseppe Rossi was finishing his preseason fitness program, scoring 2 goals in the Luton Reserves' 3-1 win over the Colchester Reserves. He was also named Man of the Match. With all the injuries we have, he could see first team playing time sooner than later.

International Round-Up
Keith Keane
played well without excelleing in Ireland U21's 2-1 win over Moldova U21.

FM