View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 08:10 AM   #27
revrew
Team Chaplain

Behind the scenes:

Omigosh, we played a nearly perfect game. 28 first downs to their 8, 10/17 on third down, over 40 minutes of ball-control, a special teams TD, and 0 penalties. Only an INT marred an otherwise flawless effort.

I can't say enough about TE Seth Hackett: 36 catches, 11 of them for touchdowns. Hunter Flynn with 9 INTs in 10 games?? Lincoln Ingram has a QB rating of 102, and Kennedy Eisenbraun gets lost in this, but he had a sack, a blocked pass, and a hurry. Eisenbraun has 7.5 sacks in 8 games played. Brant Eppbright never gets much press, but he's playing up to his scouting reports, while Ingram and others are playing way beyond. Substituting unheralded OT Tito Sampson in has been a big boost to our otherwise potent offense, limiting the sacks his predecessor gave up and hitting some key blocks. I'm not sure what to make of this…is my scout undervaluing certain players? I have by far the worst cohesion ratings in the NFL, and yet we seem unstoppable, with average players playing like superstars.

Around the conference:
Garnavillo drops to 3-7, while Lansing rises to 7-3---These two teams have their records switched around! Yet now it appears a key matchup is coming in week 13, when we host Lansing, the only team to beat us thus far. Valley of Elgin rises to 6-4 and Cresco sits at 4-6 after the bye. From here out, Lansing is our only real threat to achieving our objective. If we beat them in week 13, the conference should be ours. If we don't…

Though we dominate the power ratings, there is another team with a 10-1 record that I have tagged as the #1 team in the state. Should they falter before we do, I will change our #2 in the state status, until then…

Injuries: We lose S Roosevelt Clements for another 0-2, meaning we have to start our 4th string safety, but other than that, we're healthy enough to roll.

Next week: Dyersville Beckman, a team that gives up lots of yards on the ground, but has an offensive line that should garner the Blazers many running yards of their own.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote