View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 02:57 PM   #224
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Staff News
With the rash of injuries, I'm starting to think I don't have enough physios on staff. I place an advert for a physio.

Loan News
Manchester United's Giuseppe Rossi has agreed to join us on a 3 month loan. Rossi is a 19yo FC, so he could be played as a striker or as an attacking midfielder, if need be. He has great finishing and acceleration, with good pace and stamina. To complete, he has fair heading, long shots ability, and off the ball skills. He'll be with us until November 21, 2006.

August 23, 2006
League Cup
Round 1: home vs Tranmere (currently 23rd in Championship, 5 consecutive losses)
Odds: Luton 13-8, Tranmere 6-4 (fav)
S: Morris/Pinnock/D'Sane
AMC: Bridge/Wilkinson
DM: Davis/Keane/Hanson (long arrows on wingbacks)
D: Williams/James/Coyne
GK: Murphy

Tranmere were in League One in 04-05, when they promoted to the Championship. We played them twice in that season, getting destroyed in the last game 1-4.

This game is the first of a home-and-home series, as we will play them again on August 26, in league action.

We are going with the 3-4-3 since we're getting low on pure central defensive middies. I hesitated a long deal between Ricky Hanson and Ian Hillier for the right wingback slot, finally going with Hanson since Hillier has lost some playing time due to injury lately and is not match fit.

They played a 4-4-2 with moderate pusch from the wingers in their last match and show the same formation at the beginning of this one.

Just before the match, I see that Keith Keane is being scouted by Northampton. Interesting...

13th minute: Right following a throw in on the right side, they center behind our line of defenders, to a player that gets to the 6 yard line. They score, we're down early, 0-1.

70th minute: James Pinnock gets his second yellow of the match. Both yellows were for getting angry and arguing with the referee, this is unacceptable and I will issue him a warning once the game is over.

With ten men on, we are never able to put any kind of last second push and we lose the match 0-1.

Final Score: Luton 0, Tranmere 1
Shots (on target): Luton 4 (1), Tranmere 16 (9)
MoM: Tranmere's Danny Granville
HoM: Keeper Joe Murphy with a 9.

Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 15/17
middle: 18/25
their zone: 8/16
Overall: 41/59

We kept the score close, but it took an amazing performance from our keeper to do so. This is another first round exit in the League Cup for us.

Ricky Hanson was pulled after 51 minutes. He had only a rating of 6 by then...

Discipline News
I issue a formal warning to James Pinnock for his dismissal in our last match. He acknowledges that he deserved a warning for his dismissal. He also indicates that he will do his utmost to improve this side of his game in future matches.

International Call Up
Keith Keane
gets called up for the September 5 match of the Ireland U21 squad against the Moldova U21. This match is part of the U21 European Championship Qualifs.

FM