View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 10:47 AM   #222
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Restraining Order News
No he has not gone to the court for one, but he may be about to . My scout watches Kevin Joyce, as he not only starts, but plays a whole league match for Sheffield Utd, getting a rating of 8 in the process... That big sound you just heard is me crying and whining...

Transfer News
The Sarr bid is rejected. They don't even look like they want to negotiate, but I make another offer anyway. I offer them his valued price this time, 170k.

Contract News
Lee Morris has completed his trial period and leaves the club. He got another 7 in the Reserves vs U18 friendly match, and with Rowan Vine's injury, I decide to offer him a contract. He's now asking for $6200 per week with a signing fee of $2000. This is down from his initial demands of $7200 and $600 signing fee. Considering he's sitting at home, and not many other teams seem to have contacted him, I offer him $5000 per week and 2k signing fee...

August 15, 2006
match #4: away at Millwall (currently 9th with 6pts, 3 ahead of us)
S: Showunmi/Pinnock/D'Sane
MC: Mansell (with up arrow)
DMC: Keane/Evans (no up arrows)
D: Davis/James/Coyne/Foley (no up arrows)
GK: Murphy

We go back to the 4-3-3.

Some of you may remember that Millwall were the team that beat us 0-5 late in last season, with their damned 4-2-4 formation. They seem to have played a 4-4-2 formation in their last match, but they show that freaking 4-2-4 formation as we get to the game. Oh sweet lord, it's gonna be a long day at the office...

24th minute: Out of nowhere, one of their midfielders launches a crazy bending kick, from 30 yards out, it's in, we go down already, and their 4 strikers have little to do with it, sadly... 0-1.

35th minute: As if they needed help, Sol Davis pushes one of their strikers just inside the box, PENALTY!!! It's a perfect strike, just inside the post, we go down further, 0-2.

76th minute: A beauty of a counter attack starts with a brilliant pass from Marc Bridge-Wilkinson to Bobby Wilde, who had just been resigned to a full-time contract from his pert-time month per month status. Wilde flicks the ball on to Roscoe D'Sane on the right. D'Sane kicks it to the keeper's left for the goal. We're still down, but working on it, 1-2.

87th minute: Enoch Showunmi goes way deep on our left side to take a throw in (note to self: check throw in takers). The balls ends up to Keith Keane who passes it to Bobby Wilde. Wilde moves inside the box and fires a perfect strike, with is 1 in finishing, just inside the post for the equalizer!!! 2-2. This will be the final score, we have (sort of) defeated the 4-2-4!!!

Final Score: Luton 2, Millwall 2
Shots (on target): Luton 8 (5), Millwall 12 (3)
MoM: Millwall's Bobby Muscat with a rating of 8.
HoM: Who else other than Bobby Wilde who got a rating of 8, scored a goal and prepared the other. More on Wilde in a moment. Chris Coyne and Keith Keane played solid games, both getting ratings of 8.

Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 13/24
middle: 20/22
their zone: 13/8
Overall: 46/54

We move up to 15th with the draw.

Special Player Profile
Bobby Wilde is a special breed. Not that he has amazing skills, in fact he has not. He's probably the player with the most 1's that can produce, that I have ever seen. Here's his player profile card...

I signed him in the middle of my first season ever on a free transfer, to a two year contract that paid him $600 per week. At first, I needed him out there, as a starterm then I started using him mostly as a reserve, or second stringer for those times when I hade three games in a week. He's often pulled ratings of 8 in the left side DMC position, even though, one might think he'd failed miserably. He's obbviously not there for his defensive skills. I like setting him to cross the ball often, even though he's more often in the center than on the wing. Gives some long passes that are often nice to see. Anyway, his conract ran out on June 30, 2006. At that time, he was asking for 1200, and I couldn't justify that amount to now a third teamer, behind Evans, Johnson, Chambers, Keane. He remained at the club on a part-time month to month contract, for $700 per week until this week, when I offered him $800 per week, after seeing that he was still pulling nice ratings in the reserves vs U18 friendlies. After today's match, I'm glad I offered him a contract...
FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 01-05-2005 at 11:23 AM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote