View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 10:16 AM   #221
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Transfer News
I make a bid for a Senegalese defender currently playing for Vittoria in Italy. He is nicknamed simply Sarr and has good heading, marking, tackling, and positionning, all required skills for a good defender. He's also capable of play to the right, center, or even left, which would make him the perfect backup defender. He's valued at 170k, I make my first bid at 130k.

August 12, 2006
match #3: home vs Reading (finished 16th last season, currently 12th with a win and a draw)
Odds: Luton 9-4, Reading evens (fav)
S: Showunmi/Vine/Tarachulski
AMC: Bridge-Wilkinson
DM: Davis/Evans/Foley (big arrows on wingbacks)
D: Davies/James/Coyne (down arrow on James)
GK: Murphy

Reading's goalkeeper Jamie Young was once onloan for 3 months with us, in the 2004-05 season. He averaged only 6.67 in ratings. He's having a killer start to the season this year, averaging ratings of 8.5, 2 MoM in 2 matches played...

They played a 4-3-3 formation in their last match, and that's what they show as we get to this one, with 3 middies on a line in the middle.

2nd minute: Woah, Rowan Vine gets injured and has to leave. Darn early. James Pinnock takes his place.

9th minute: Curtis Davies's header out of our penalty box is returned with amazing precision from 25 yards out, top corner. Joe Murphy can't do anything. We go down, 0-1.

First half score is 0-1. At some point, they were kicking our butt, but we found some rythm toward the end of the half. Paul Evans has picked up a know and has to go out. Keith Keane comes in.

This will be the final score. They won't allows us to get close to their goal in the second half.

Final Score: Luton 0, Reading 1
Shots (on target): Luton 4 (0), Reading 8 (3)
MoM: Reading's Bobby Convey with a rating of 8 and the only goal of the match.
HoM: nobody, really played great, but two played simply awfully. Bartosz Tarachulski and Curtis Davies each end the game with ratings of 5.

Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 12/14
middle: 19/28
their zone: 12/15
Overall: 43/57

We drop to 16th with the loss. Bigger loss still is Rowan Vine. He'll be gone for two months with a broken toe. I'm seriously thinking about offering Lee Morris a contract. His trial is about to be over and he's set to play in tomorrow's friendly between my reserves and U18 squads. I'll see then...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 01-05-2005 at 10:22 AM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote