View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 06:31 PM   #216
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Player News
James Pinnock
is now content with his role at the club. He says he is prepared to wait for a first-team opportunity at Luton if necessary. He also said that I have convinced him that he has the ability to force his way into the first-team if he remains patient and continues to work hard.

Regular readers may have seen that I've been playing Pinnock on and off on the first team, for a little while now. I was in fact wondering when he'd stop being unhappy. I guess this answers it, as the "UNH" tag has disappeared next to his name. His average rating was 7.06 in 18 appearances (11 as starter) last season, with 6 goals. He's got good skills, but especially an amazing ability with set pieces (see playoffs games at the end of last season).

Discipline News
Matt Carbon
again failed to report for training today. I fine him for 2 weeks of pay. At this rate, I won't pay him, as he's not reporting at least once every two weeks...

He accepts his fine without comment. A release on a free for him would cost us 160k, while he is earning $3400 per week. I don't think he'll ever see the field with the first team, so I'm seriously considering releasing him. Say there's about 10.5 months left before the end of his contract, that's 10.5*4.33=45 weeks or so. 45*3400=153k... hrm would make a lot of sense if only to get rid of him and his whining... Maye I'll offer him a mutual termination, we'll see...

Funny Fact
While looking at past results for Luton, I see that they were in the Premiership from 82/83 until 91/92, then they were in the Championship (formerly Division I) from 92/93 to 95/96. So I brought them back to the Championship for the first time in the last 10 years

Open question to anyone who knows
What are the rules with the U18 squads? I mean, I just realized I had a 19 year old in there so, anybody gonna come and slap my fingers? I also just realized, at the start of my 3rd season, that there's a U18 League Cup... hehe, will follow that one

FM