View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 04:44 PM   #215
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

August 8, 2006
match #2: away at Plymouth (finished 11th last season, drew 2-2 in first match)
Odds: Luton - 7-4, Plymouth 5-4(fav)
S: Pinnock/Vine/D'Sane
MC: Mansell (with up arrow)
DM: Davis/Johnson/Keane (small arrows on wingbacks)
D: Williams/James/Coyne (down arrow on James)
GK: Murphy

We go with the 3-4-3 again, but this time I pull back the attacking midfielder to a more central midfielder position with a forward arrow. I also make the wingbacks go a little less forward.

They show a 3-5-2 formation with 2 wingbacks with long arrows. Their midfield is a triangle of 2 MC and 1 AMC. One of their starting striker is suspended.

22nd minute: Wow, they just got 4th yellow card while we've not received one. I'm ready to bet we'll get plenty at some point in the game. Still 0-0.

25th minute: Following a throw in, they center to the box. That center was touched twice by Luton players. First at the start by Sol Davis, then at the arrival by Tony James, yet, they score on it. Down 0-1.

45th minute, 1 minute into injury time: Chris Coyne is having a bad first half with a rating of 5. It get even worse when he handballs a coming center. PENALTY!!! It's a bullet, Joe Murphy can't do anything. We're down 0-2.

First half score is 0-2. We get good possession and some chances, I guess we were sort of unlucky so far. Richard Johnson goes in for Paul Evans.

90th minute, 1 minute into injury time: We leave a player wide open in our 6 yard box on a corner. The kick is perfect, right to his feet, an easy finish. Down 0-3. This will be the final score.

Final Score: Luton 0, Plymouth 3
Shots (on target): Luton 10 (3), Plymouth 20 (8)
MoM: Plymouth's keeper Roman Larrieu
HoM: nobody, really played great, although nobody played bad either. Each and every player that got in the game gets a 7.

Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 14/21
middle: 18/23
their zone: 14/10
Overall: 46/54

Possession-wise, the first half was much better than the second, very close to 50-50. We fell apart in the second half when we tried to push too hard to make up for the 2 goal deficit.

We drop down to earth with the loss. We're now in 13th place.

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 01-04-2005 at 04:45 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote