View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 01:43 PM   #208
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

U18/Contract News
First message I saw was this: "Kevin Joyce has rejected Luton's offer of a new contract. He feels the basic wage offered is unacceptable"

I go: "well, I'll offer more" but I don't see a negotiate button, hrmm, strange.

The message right above is this: "Kevin Joyce has agreed on a deal with Sheffield Utd. He rejected the offer from Luton" SAY WHAT?!? I click on his name, he's now listed as with Sheffield Utd. I take a look at his wage, guess what? 280 freaking dollars, the exact same I've offered to him!!!

At that point, I'm not happy, but the very next message is what got to me: "Sheffield Utd have landed defender Kevin Joyce from Luton on a free transfer." SAY THAT AGAIN!!! NOTHING FOR ME... WELL FUCK!!! I'm genuinely pissed off about this. I kind of knew he'd go somewhere, but to not get one fucking penny for him, that's the worst of all.

I go back see his profile, now with Sheffield Utd, and it says his value is now at 220k, I still can't believe it. Anybody know what happened? Was it that his value was too low when he was with us? It went up to about 50k at first, then dropped about every week, to about 20k, iirc... That is very sad...

Injury News
Adam Chambers strains his calf in training and will miss the next 2 weeks. I don't lack depth with my defensive middies, so I'm not too worried for now...

FM