View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 01:35 PM   #207
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

August 5, 2006
match #1, home vs Coventry (finished 20th in the Championship last season)
Odds: Luton 3-1, Coventry 4-5(fav)
S: Showunmi/Tarachulski/Vine
AMC: Bridge-Wilkinson
DM: Davis/Evans/Foley (long arrows on wingbacks)
D: Davies/James/Coyne (down arrow on James)
GK: Murphy

We go with the 3-4-3 for this first match of the season. They played a 4-4-2 with moderate push from the wingers in their last match and show the same formation at the beginning of this one.

14th minute: We get a good chance coming from Enoch Showunmi, but he puts the ball in the side netting. This chance was directly created by a Sol Davis in full support to the left side of the offense, all because of the new tactic. Still 0-0 though.

40th minute: They score on a corner kick that's headed right in, but wait! IT'S DISALLOWED!!! We get a free kick. Still 0-0.

The first half comes to an end with a 0-0 score. Joe Murphy is having a superb game so far, but Showunmi and Bartosz Tarachulski are not. They both have ratings of 5 in this first half. I move Tarachulski to the outside, in the place of Rowan Vine, and put Vine in the middle, in hope of creating something.

53rd minute: And create something, it does! The ball moves up the right side, from wingback Kevin Foley to Tarachulski in the wing. Tarachulski centers it to the 6 yard box, where Show puts it in. We're up 1-0!

64th minute: Bartosz Tarachulski plays much better since he's on the outside. He makes a great pass to Marc Bridge-Wilkinson who moves in on the goal. With only the keeper to beat, he seems to have pushed the ball too far and the keeper will get it, but at the last moment, BW steals it and scores on a nice half volley. We're up 2-0. They will never catch us.

Final Score: Luton 2, Coventry 0
Shots (on target): Luton 11 (5), Coventry 19 (12)
MoM: Joe Murphy with a perfect rating of 10. At some point, he was putting his hand to just about every shot they were making. Marc Bridge-Wilkinson also played a great game, with a rating of 9.

Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 20/14
middle: 21/20
their zone: 10/15
Overall: 51/49

It's a great start to our first season in the Championship, as we hop to 3rd place. We now gotta hope to be able to bring down the number of shots they take, or else my keeper and defenders will have to always play at their best, or we could be in trouble... I gotta say though, that at some point, they were taking just about every long shot possible, from every angle...

FM