View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 09:12 AM   #202
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Contract News
We sign free agent left footed forward Lee Morris for a 3 weeks trial. He has good acceleration and pace, with good ball skills (first touch, technique) and decent crossing skill. Thing is for now, my assistant isn't too impressed with him and won't allow me to offer him more than $6200, while Morris is asking for $7200. I think I could offer him 6200 and probbaly get away with it, but I'd like to see Morris play in a few friendlies before I make a formal offer to him. He won't be allowed to play in competitive matches while on trial with us. In 8 matches while on loan at Peterborough (L2) last season, he scored 2 goals, 5 assists, and averaged a form rating of 7.38.

Training News
Matt Carbon is again absent from training today. I fine him one week of wages this time. He's a weird cookie, as he again acknowledge that his behaviour is unacceptabel and that he deserved the fine, good boy...

July 27, 2006
Friendly #4, home vs Birmingham
I'm trying a new formation in this one, I call it a 3-4-3, simply because it has 3 defenders and 4 middies. The strikers remain the same as in my usual 4-3-3. Here's how this new one looks like:

It remains to be seen if the individual arrows will stay like that, or if I will not had maybe to down arrows to the outside central defenders. I'll see as I go...

Wow! We win the game 2-0! Bartosz Tarachulski is the Man of the Match with 2 goals coming from very long crosses. One of them came from Enoch Showunmi. Him with his simple 8 in crossing, and I'm here trying to find a replacement, or at the very least an alternative, and he comes in and makes some plays... Must feel the heat.

Speaking of replacements, Lee Morris has a very bad game, with a rating of 4 before being replaced. This may be because it's his very first game of the season, so I'll hold off judgment. One that concerns me a little more is D/DM R Kevin Foley, in his first game as defensive middie. He usually plays more of a full back position, but in this game, with the long arrows and all, he gets a 5. Will keep a close eye on him...

Overall, we had good possession numbers even though the ball was often around our end zone, but we got the clean sheet. We also got a few good plays from the outside, which is nice...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 01-04-2005 at 09:14 AM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote