View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 01:47 PM   #195
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

TV News
We learn that our September 23rd home game against Q.P.R. has been pushed back from its original 15:00 timeslot to the 17:30 timeslot, du to the fact that it will be televised. woohoo!!! We're gonna be on TV!!!

Friendlies
I have lined up 6 friendlies for this offseason. Two will be away games that were offered to me by conference teams, while I've arranged to play 4 top teams at home: Fulham, Southampton, Birmingham, and Ajax. I offered each of these teams between 40k and 60k to come at our stadium. For most of these friendlies, the team board was estimating we would be able to make between 150k and 160k in gate receipts.

July 16, 2006
Friendly #1, home vs Fulham
I won't go into details with the friendlies, since I don't pay much attention to stats and such things with them. I only make sure that my starters get around 60 minutes of playing time, except in the last one or two, if they're match fit by then, they might not even play...

We lose this one 0-2, the second goal coming from a fluky free kicks that deflected off the wall. Keeper Joe Murphy was the best Hatter with a rating of 8, while every other players got 7's except Matthew Blinkhorn who got a 5. A crowd of 9944 fans was at the game, not bad.

16yo Kevin Joyce even came in and played at centreback for the last 26 minutes. He did fairly well, getting a rating of 7, completing 14 of 17 passes, and winning 5 of 5 headers.

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 01-03-2005 at 01:47 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote