View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 09:52 AM   #21
revrew
Team Chaplain

Behind the scenes:

The game was close at the half, but big plays just blew up the third quarter. In all my seasons GMing in FOF, I have never had a team that was so capable of busting the big one. We had four 50+ yard plays in the game, including 2 on first down that went for 75+ and a score. Hunter Flynn's INT was followed by a quick TD, then we recovered a fumble on the kickoff, punched in another score, then hit the 75-yard jackpot on our next score. Before Valley could blink, 17-17 turned into 38-17 and it was over.

We lost a starting safety in this one, which will hurt because Roosevelt Clements isn't ready to come back yet. Our secondary is getting mighty depleted. But DE Kennedy Eisenbraun (who I opted to leave on the bench) returns against Garnavillo next week, and we have a very good chance of getting to 7-1.

Around the UMVC: Lansing continues their odd hot-streak, sitting at 5-2, North Winn finished off Cresco-ND to rise to 5-2 (we can hear their footsteps…), and Garnavillo beat a pathetic squad to advance to 2-5.

Next up: Garnavillo, a team that will present a big-time challenge for us despite their record. Their Star HB, Tyrell Lima is back from injury (thank God they don't have an O-line, or this guy could run for 300 on us), they have a solid passing game, and they totally shut down opponents' aerial attacks. This squad matches up very well against us and poses as a strong upset candidate.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote