View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 10:33 AM   #187
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

World Cup 2006 News
The World Cup 2006 has started. I usually don't pay much attention to international competitions, except if one of my players is involved. Chris Coyne is the only Hatter part of the World Cup this time around. He plays well without excelleing (rating of 7) in the 0-1 loss of Australia against Ireland. He played the whole 90 minutes.

Transfer News
I start looking for a top flight defensive middie, with the potential departure of Keith Keane, and the letting go of my 4th DM, Bobby Wilde. At first, I'll look mostly at players available under Bosman ruling, then I'll see if I have to spend big bucks to acquire one...

I find Paul Evans, a 31yo central defensive middie, whose contract ends on July 30. He's very aggressive and brave, with a good all around skill set. He played with Nottingham Forest in the Championship this season, so he's of the caliber of the league we're going into. He's earning $4400 per week right now, and is asking for $8000 per week. I find this a bit high and go with a first offer that is much lower, at $6000 per week and a signing fee of 60k. So you know, the Team Board now allow me to give up to $8200 per week for a key member. Evans is valued at $2.2M...

I also find another pretty good one in Samuel Johnson, currently playing with the Kayserispor club, in Turkey, I think. He's asking for 9600 per week, my assistant thinks he would become an essential member of our squad. I trust his judgment on that one and offer him 8200 per week.

Contract News
We get news very quick that Paul Evans has accepted our terms and signs with Luton. It's a bargain in my eyes. The transfer will go on July 1st.

Transfer News
I'm also looking for a left footed striker. As much as I like Enoch Showunmi, I don't feel like he can man the left side of our front on every match. I'd like to find a starter, and use Show for when we have more than one match in the week...

I try a crazy bid for a 27yo striker, right footed but with crazy skills. The guy's name Andrzej Niedzielan, a Polish fellow. He's the total package: strong, quick, and with great pace. He's currently earning $10500 per week and is asking for $13500. This is a bit over what I can offer, but what the heck. I offer him the best package I can: $8200 per week + 200k signing fee + 750 per goal + 400 per assist. I'll see if he bites...

Among other news, Samuel Johnson agrees to terms with us. The move is delayed for a work permit to be granted. A decision should be made on July 2.

World Cup News
Chris Coyne plays well again without excelling (rating of 7), in Australia's 2-0 win over Senegal.

FM