View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 10:13 AM   #186
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Team Board News
The Luton Board is probably sending me a message as they announce that the team's transfer budget will be in the region of 800k for next season Woah, that's a lot of money!

They also say that I will be allowed to retain the vast majority of any transfer income to supplement this budget. By that, they mean 90%.

At the same time, they announce (well they didn't announce it, I went to check it out) a wage budget increase, to a total of $81k per week, up from the $64k they were at the end of the season.

Achievement News
I finish 3rd for the League One Manager of the Year award, behind Millwall's Colin Todd (1st), and Cardiff City's David Platt (2nd). I'm happy with that

Former Hatter Steve Howard finished in a three way tie for Top Goalscorer of the year, despite finishing the season at Sheffield United in the English Championship.

Junes 1st, 2006
As expected, the Luton Team Board are deligtheed with my performance as manager, why wouldn't they be?

Transfer News
I decide to transfer list Keith Keane, asking $2M for him. He's valued at $1.85M but his value has steadily gone up all last season, so I'm guessing he has a lot of untapped potential and somebody may be willing to pay for that. He's also gained some national recognition, as a memeber of the Ireland U21 squad. Anyway, he wants to move and I'm not going to keep a unhappy player in my camp...

Loan News
Mark Smyth's loan is coming to an end. He's nice, but probably not up to the standards I'm looking for in a striker. I will let him got back to Liverpool without even playing one match with the first team.
Transfer News
With money to spen and being very nervous at the thought of moving up, it's tempting to look at all the players out there like a kid in a candy store. I'll still have t restrain myself, especially keep the wages in check...

June 7th, 2006
It's now official, Elvis has left the building...
(That one was for daedalus )
As I take one last look at his profile page, I see that his value has now soared to 180k, wow! The playing time in the playoffs sure helped him showcase his talents a little. Good for him, we get 70k for the transfer. Kind of ironic that, only two weeks ago, he was part of our team, helping down the team he's moving on to, Swindon

Disciplinary News
Matt Carbon was missing from training again today. Since we're June 7, and offseason starts on June 8, I only issue a warning to him, for unprofessional behaviour. He accepts his warning and again say he will try to behave like a good little boy in the future, we'll see about that...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 01-02-2005 at 10:14 AM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote