View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 01:43 AM   #166
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreizhManu
I think this has something to do with hidden ratings Curent Ability and Future Ability.The Scouts/Coaches don't seem to look at the other attributes, just those two and this leads to confusion when a player as other very good attributes (Mainly due to bad scouting by SI Researchers), remember To Madeira, he had bad CA/PA ->wasn't even considered by the AI, but had great ratings.
Well I didn't scout for FM2005 but it looks way better than other versions of the game since there is a better correlation between CA and other attributes (e.g : a player with 120 CA should have an average of 12 in other ratings) but it probably still needs some work.

It also has something to do with your level of play.Let's say you're playing with Manchester United, your scout might not even consider players with less than 150 CA or youngsters with less than 150 PA.

Anyways, yeah it needs some work.

Unfortunately that's not the case for me. Uniformly across the board my scouts rate everyone, good, bad, or mediocre, as unfit for my team which is now in the EPL. I'm gathering from reading the SI boards that the problem seems to derive from small clubs climbing the ladder to the higher levels. Something must happen with the scouting (and board assessing for wages) algorithm when you promote up. This is definitely a bug.

Sorry for hijacking your thead FM. We now return you to your regularly scheduled dynasty.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote