View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 07:26 PM   #156
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
The problem is that the scout tells me an obviously good player has no future in football. This could be someone with 100 caps and obvious talent. Then the board reflects the same evaluation in what I can offer for wages. As an example, I have a max of $5.6 million USD/annum for one player and they won't allow me more than $1.1 million USD/annum no matter who it is I'm trying to sign. I'm about $30 million below my wage budget because I can't sign anyone. Anyway, I pinged Marc V. about this because I really hope they're planning on fixing it.

I saw you pinged Marc, but can't you simply change the type of contract to what *you* want to give the player? I know sometimes my assistant says a player would be a useful first team member, then the first team tag appears in the box, reflected by the wage my board will allow for a first team. When he says he would become an essential player, the "key player" tag appears and I can offer more. I may be wrong, but I thought you could pick up another tag, to be allowed to offer more to a player...

FM