View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 07:05 PM   #151
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

April 29, 2006
away at Stockport (currently 20th, 1 point out of relegation zone)
S: Showunmi/Hammond/Pinnock
AMC: Bridge-Wilkinson
DMC: Keane/Chambers (no up arrows)
D: Davis/James/Coyne/Foley (full backs with up arrows)
GK: Murphy

Team morale seems not so bad, despite the previous loss.

I tweak many of the individual orders in an attempt to recapture the balance I once had.

We're 4 points ahead of Watford and they play Walsall today. A win by us, or a loss by them would clinch a playoff spot for us.

22nd minute: They score on their first shot on goal, from a throw in played short then passed back to the throw taker who centered it to our 6 yard box. Down 0-1.

78th minute: We launched a great counter attack, all on the left. Steve Robinson passes it deep on the left to Enoch Showunmi. Show takes it to the byline before centering it in the 6 yard box to Lee Mansell who's left with an easy finish. Tied 1-1.

While we play a good game, form wise, it doesn't translate into any more goals. Five of our players end the game with ratings of 8.

Final Score: Luton 1, Stockport 1
Shots (on target): Luton 10 (2), Stockport 7 (2)
MoM: Kevin Foley with a rating of 8, but most importantly 10 tackles won out of 14, 8 headers won out of 11 and 5 interceptions.

Watford loses 0-1 to Walsall, we clinch a playoff spot!!! What a turn around this team has made. From clinching an out of relegation zone spot in the second to last game a season ago, to clinching a playoff spot in the second to last game this season.

On top of this, the away draw seems to have worked wonders on the team morale. I can see many players with superb morale.

May 1st, 2006
The Luton Team Board is still delighted with my management of the team.

Marc Bridge-Wilkinson finishes third for the League One Player of the Month award.

Sol Davis is named on the League One Team of the Week.

Transfer News
I get news that Chester star, 28yo defensive midfielder Jacob Burns wants out of Chester. He's saying he's looking to move to a bigger club. I take a quick look at his skills and like what I see. I declare my interest and ask my scouts for their opinions. He has averaged ratings of 7.26 in league play, and 7.4 in Cup play, while also appearing as a sub for Australia in 5 matches, averaging ratings of 7.

The very next day, we hear from the manager of Chester that he is open to sell Burns.

Reserves News
AH HAH!!! I decided to untick the "use current match tactics" box from the options under my reserves team management. Who's the keeper for their middle of the week match? Rob Beckwith... I had ticked that box only to give my many reserve strikers some playing time, since I had seen that my assistant manager seemed to be playing a 4-4-2 and I wanted him to play a 4-3-3 instead. Maybe there's some sort of contradiction that makes him unable to pick players properly with that option ticked on... I'll keep an eye on it...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 12-30-2004 at 07:20 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote