View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 02:55 PM   #149
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Special News
To show you how good a job Eaglesfan27 has been doing with Harrogate Town in 2005-06, I just learned that they just got relegated from the English Conference North in 2005-06 in my career...

Injury News
Richard Johnson suffers a groin strain in training and will miss 3 weeks. That's a blow to my midfield as Johnson is one of the anchor at defensive midfield.

Work Permit News
Ivan Kaviedes' work permit has been asked for. A decision should be made by May 7th.

Transfer News
Three teams are interested in Elvis Hammond and all make bids of $70k: Swindon from League One, Coventry from the Championship, and Swansea from League Two. At first I'm tempted to reject the bid from Swindon, since they're in 4th place in League One and I may play them in the playoffs if we get there, but I see this weird tidbit. All the bids are for next available date, and that date is June 7, which is well after the playoffs are done in League One. Hammond's contract end on June 30, he's 25, wouldn't he fall under the Bosman ruling? Wouldn't the team be better to approach him to sign a contract effective at the end of his current contract? Maybe it was because contract this season was only for one season, don't know. If anybody knows, help me understand...

Reserve News
Okay, here's a weird one for you. I have set my assistant manager to be the one controlling the Reserve and U18 teams, as I don't really feel like watching their games. I have recently moved Rob Beckwith to the reserve team, since I now have two starting caliber keeper on the senior team. I'd assume that Beckwith would be the one getting the starts on the reserve team, but no! Take a look at this player compare page and tell me how my assistant manager can think it's a better idea to consistently play Zac Barrett over Rob Beckwith...

Even if you say that Barrett is much younger than Beckwith, he doesn't have the potential than Beckwith has, and Beckwith isn't so much older, he's 21 for crying out loud!!!

I also always assumed that taking over the reserve and U18 teams meant I had to watch their games. Can I take the control off from my assistant manager, assign lineups and not watch their games? That kind of things is not making me happy. It's also what is happening with Matt Carbon, the unhappy fellow I mentionned earlier. He's not even getting playing time, even in the reserve team, while some unsigned young kids are playing, some U18 guys are playing in both squads... Anyway, not that big a deal, but not making me happy either...

Scouting News
I send scout Jon Lock to Sweden, to try and scout some young talents.

Transfer News
Elvis Hammond signs a contract with Swindon. The transfer will go through on June 6. I guess getting 70k is better than not getting anything of him. I had signed him among my many Bosman ruling in the last offseason. He gave me a fair season, and now I sell him, I consider this a sound investment

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 12-30-2004 at 04:28 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote