View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 02:37 PM   #148
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

April 22, 2006
home vs Colchester (currently 17th with 50 points, we have 69 points)
S: Showunmi/Hammond/Tarachulski
AMC: Bridge-Wilkinson
DMC: Johnson/Chambers (with up arrows)
D: Davis/Coyne/James/Keane (full backs with up arrows)

Curtis Davies suffered a chest injury in training and will miss 5 days. Not too worried about it, as he would have only possibly been a backup.

Colchester played a 4-4-2 with moderate push from the wingers in their last game and make no changes as they get to our game.

37th minute: I don't like that. Neither the match stats (shots) nor the ball control figures suggest this, but each and every highlights that have been shown so far have been of them moving the ball around our goal...

41st minute: As I finish writing the above sentence, I get shown another highlight of them in our zone. They move in, get two kicks, both blocked, but they score on the third one. Down 0-1.

And this is the final score as we can't generate anything up front!!! They don't get many shots on target, but they converted the one they got.

Final Score: Luton 0, Colchester 1
Shots (on target): Luton 8 (4), Colchester 12 (2)
MoM: Colchester's defender Liam Chilvers with a rating of 8
HoM: Nobody really stands out. We get a bunch of 7's and even 2 6's, one of them to keeper Joe Murphy.

Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 11/16
middle: 21/22
their zone: 13/16

We remain in 6th place, now with only 4 points over Watford, as they drew their game against Bournemouth. Two games left and one win from us, or one loss from them will clinch the playoff spot for us.

Elvis Hammond suffered a facial injury (thorn eyelash? scratched cheek? ) and will miss 3 days.

Bartosz Tarachulski twisted his knee and will miss a week. That one I'm a bit more concerned about...

League One News
Millwall have won League One and gained promotion to the English Championship.

Cardiff have clinched 2nd place and promotion to the English Championship as well.

FM