View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 02:25 PM   #147
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Transfer News
With the season dwindling down, with the wages now sort of under control, and with still maybe some good players available through Bosman signings, I have set my sights on possibly finding a replacement for Steve Howard as my target man. I'm looking for a strong guy with possibly good finishing and heading.

I'm ashamed to say I offered a contract to a player that I don't remember. Said player is Ivan Kaviedes, currently playing for Barcelona. I remember that he refused our first offer and that he accepted the second time I offered him the exact same thing. I don't remember the offer, but I assume it was the max the Team Board would let me give, which would be $6600 per week, since he's currently earning $9000 per week. He's got some amazing skills all around, except 3 things that worry me a little: little accelerating, little pace, and little stamina. But he's scored 12 goals in 13 games this season, this has got to mean something. He's currently awaiting a work permit.

Among other transfer news, I offer Elvis Hammond around, as I see that some teams seem interested in him. His value has soared in the last 2-3 weeks, from 100k to 160k. I ask 70k for him, as his contract comes to an end on June 30, and I don't plan on signing him.

FM