View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 08:54 PM   #145
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

April 15, 2006
home vs Doncaster (currently 22nd, more below)
S: Showunmi/Tarachulski/Blinkhorn
AMC: Bridge-Wilkinson
DMC: Johnson/Chambers
D: Davis/James/Coyne/Foley
GK: Murphy

They are only 6 points from getting out of the relegation zone, while we're only 4 ahead of the 7th place Watford. Watford plays 5th place Port Vale who's only 1 point ahead of us. Very important games all around...

I'm trying something different in this game, trying to bring a bit mor width to the formation. A picture is probably the best way to explain it, so here goes...

I'm not too sure what it will give, it's a try... The DMC going out is something that Desnudo posted about in this very dynasty, early on, the forwards on the outside going in is my idea. The thing I'm unsure about is that by moving them outside, they become FR and FL and the two guys I'm playing there are straight SC... We'll see.

They played the dreaded 4-2-4 in their last game, but show a more manageable 4-4-2 with moderate push from the wings as we get to the game.

Well that was a boring one. NO GOALS, some chances, but not much. Our inability to convert is frustrating me...

Final Score: Luton 0, Doncaster 0
Shots (on target): Luton 6 (3), Doncaster 5 (0)
MoM: Doncaster's keeper Martyn Margetson
HoM: Marc Bridge-Wilkinson with the only tating above 7, a 8.

Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 12/14
middle: 23/23
their zone: 16/12

Port Vale beat Watford, so we gain a point on them there, but we're now 3 points behind Port Vale and the 5th place.

Kevin Foley damaged his shoulder in the game and will miss 5 days. Our next match is only in a week, so hopefully he'll be back for that one.

Contract News
Sol Davis
agrees on contract extension and signs a deal that will keep him with Luton until June 30, 2009. Sol has been a fixture in the back, often playing in back to back games and most of the times getting good ratings.

Incidentally, the player I had acquired to play left full back, Matt Carbon is now unhappy for a new reason. He once was unhappy because he said I wasn't playing him in his best position, while I was playing him at left full back and he's a D LC. Now, after he got injured for a long while and Sol Davis has established himself as the man at left full back, I decide to move Carbon to the reserve team to give him playing time and he cries that he wants first team play... hrm, I'll let him wait there for now...

FM
PS: this is it, I'm all caught up. I will now play game by game and try to report after every game I play. Way I did it for that long stretch was to play, take notes, play some more, take more notes, then I reported it all here... Three games and possible playoffs to come... GO HATTERS!!!