View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 08:19 PM   #143
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Luton Midfielder in quit threat
Here's hit me in my inbox today: "Rumours that Luton midfielder Keith Keane wants to leave the club and has requested a meeting with the club's board are true, according to a local newspaper. Keane is understood to have finally decided that his future lies away from Kenilworth Road and that he needs to move to a bigger club to further his career."

Well, that was a shocker. Keane is a Luton born fellow, 19yo, now valued at $1.65M. He's a very versatile, well rounded D/DM RC that is averaging 7.22 for rating this season, playing sometimes at right full back, sometimes at defensive middie. I say I didn't expect it, and I didn't, not at all. But looking back, this kind of crazy value probably means he'll be a star someday, and maybe he's right, maybe Kenilworth Road is too small for him... He's currently earning $1350 per week and when I try to offer him a new contract, I see he's asking for keey player money, in the $5400 range. I'll let the season end and will probably transfer list him at the start of next next, at his value, not a bit lower, so I could make a nice sale and get a new defensive middie to take his place...

FM