View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 07:59 PM   #142
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Contract News
We resign 35yo centreback Mark Williams at a very reduced rate of $1800 per week, compared to his current wage of $3400 per week. I had not planned on keeping him, but he's a good insurance policy. This move finally puts us under the wage budget line. woohoo!

April 8, 2006
away at Huddersfield (currently 15th with 49pts, we have 68pts)
S: Showunmi/Hammond/Pinnock
AMC: Mansell
DMC: Robinson/Chambers (with up arrows)
D: Davis/Davies/Coyne/Keane
GK: Murphy

They played a 3-5-2 with 5 on a line in their last match, but they show a 4-3-3 as we get to the game.

2nd minute: They hit us on the counter attack, a 50 yard long pass is at the source of the goal. Down 0-1.

15th minute: After a shot from James Pinnock that's block by their keeper, a defender tries to clear the ball toward the back but kicks it right in, it's an OWN GOAL!!! Tied 1-1.

56th minute: Very frustrating goal, as we have everybody covered around our penalty box. The one player with the ball spins around once, then twice, then kicks it toward the goal from 30 yards out, it goes in... Down 1-2.

We try and try again, but it's a very even game and we can't connect...

Final Score: Luton 1, Huddersfield 2
Shots (on target): Luton 9 (5), Huddersfield 10 (6)
MoM: Huddersfield's keeper Jacob Giles with a rating of 9.
HoM: Sol Davis with a rating of 8.
Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 16/21
middle: 19/20
their zone: 15/9

I hate card happy refs. We end the game with 5 yellows, they have 4... Watford didn't play, so we're still in 6th, up by 7.

Achievement News
Marc Bridge-Wilkinson
and Bartosz Tarachulski are both named on the League One Team of the Week. Always nice to see more than one player being named in one week...

FM