View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 01:45 PM   #132
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Transfer News
Getting pissed with the bad playing of my two keepers, I decide to scour the transfer lists. I search only for players that are transfer listed as sometimes, bargains can be found for players that are unwanted by their current team.

I find a 24yo keeper named Joe Murphy, currently playing with the Coventry Reserves. He shows great handling skills and reflexes asn is very brave. They are asking for 40k for him, even though he's valued at som 180k. I offer 36k. Since we're in the final week before the transfer deadline, we get a response in the same day. The offer is accepted!

On to contract negotiation with Murphy. He wants $4000 per week + a 6k signing fee. He currently earns $4200 per week. My assistant thinks that he would become a useful memeber of our first team and that we could offer him up to $4200. I play hardball and offer him $3600 +6k signing fee, and a bonus of $150 per clean sheet, for a deal that would run through to June 30, 2009. He accepts the deal and signs with the club within two days.

Loan News
Peterborough again want Kevin Joyce on a 3 month loan. I ask for a 340k fee.

Transfer News
Out of curiosity, I check to see if Steve Howard has changed his mind about us not having the resources to meet his demand. HOLY MOLY!!! He was right. He's asking for $11500 per week!!! I decide to take a chance and I offer him around, since we're in the last week before the deadline for transfers.

Having signed a keeper, I also decide to offer Rob Beckwith around.

Injury News
Shola Oyedele suffers a damaged neck in training. He'll be out for 2 weeks.

Loan News
Maidenhead wants striker Calvin Andrew for a 3 months loan. They offer to pay his whole salary so I accept the offer.

Transfer News
Sheffield United offers $280k for Steve Howard. Considering I will not get anything for him at the end of the season, since I won't be able to resign him, I make my mind to accept the offer. In fact, I have no choice but to accept the offer, as it meets an active release fee clause on Howard's contract. (the "reject offer" button is even greyed out) That's a first for me, as I had never seen this clause go into effect. Good to know how it works

Among other transfer news, Chesterfield makes a bid for Rob Beckwith. They offer 28k and 50% of the next sale. I don't like this kind of bid very much to be honest, mostly since I don't control the next sale. I like more money up front, so I counter with an offer like 36k now and 25% of next sale.

Loan News
Calvin Andrew accepts to go on loan at Maidenhead.

Transfer News
Steve Howard signs a contract with Sheffield Utd and YOWZA!!! $11000 per week, $650 per goal and 340 per assist, craziness I tell you, craziness... Anyway, bye Howie, was nice when you were with us, good luck in the Championship...

Rob Beckwith's transfer to Chesterfield is cancelled as the transfer deadline date passes.

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 12-29-2004 at 01:47 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote