View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 10:07 AM   #125
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

March 7, 2006
away at Barnsley (currently 19th with 40pts, we have 62pts)
S: Tarachulski/Hammond
AMC: Pinnock/Mansell
DMC: Wilde/Johnson
D: Davis/Williams/Oyedele/Foley
GK: Beckwith

I'm trying some new formation in this one, I want to make something happen. It's a 4-2-2-2, based off my usual 4-3-3. I drop down James Pinnock in a AMC position, but with an arrow that leads him to the middle striker position. Here, see for yourself:

I want to be able to generate some balls to my forward because I'm getting the feeling we're getting beat in possession, especially in the middle and we can't feed the ball to the forwards as much as we were able to. I have three very capable AMCs, and Pinnock is sort of my ace in the hole, as he's a F C. We'll see how this goes.

They are playing a diamond 4-4-2, so this one may end up being a fight in the middle of the field.

12th minute: Sol Davis commits a cynical foul and gets sent off. What is that?!? The ref can't take any kind of comment about his wife or his manhood anymore? Sheesh... That ref has already given 2 yellows, 1 red and numerous warnings already, this may be a looong game...

13th minute: They play the corner kick short, passed back to the corner taker who centers it inside the box where they finish it. Down 0-1 with 10 men on the pitch, that's gonna be a toughie...

81st minute: 10 men Luton squad do it again!!! Enoch Showunmi move the ball to the left to Mark Jones who passess it to Lee Mansell. Mansell exchange a back and forth 1-2 with Jones and fires it toward the goal. It goes in off the post for Mansell's 5th goal of the season. Tied 1-1.

87th minute: Richard Johnson gets his second yellow of the game and is sent off. We switch to a 3-2-1-2 and not only we hang on, but we even put some pressure...

Final Score: Luton 1, Chester 1
Shots (on target): Luton 20 (7), Chester 6 (3)
MoM: keeper Rob Beckwith with a rating of 9 and a few important saves

Possession: (us/them)
our zone: 14/24
middle: 19/21
their zone: 14/8

The 4-2-2-2 wasn't all bad, as it helped us getting many shots, but we were not able to convert them, and the red cards kind of threw a wrench in the whole thing. Pinnock didn't seem to like that new position too much as he had a very low form rating and was eventually subbed out, replaced by Mark Jones. The jury is still out...

We drop to 6th with the draw and we are clearly in a slump. We've not won in our last 8 league matches.
Sol Davis and Richard Johnson will both be banned for a match for being sent off. We appeal of the Davis ban, with little hope I must say...

Transfer News
Nobody wants of Elvis Hammond, he must be overweight and near the end of his career. I'm getting ready to ship him to Memphis...

FM