Hattrick Moderator

February 25, 2006
home vs Watford (currently 9th with 49 points, we have 61 points
S: Hammond/Tarachulski/Blinkhorn
AMC: Jones
DMC: Wilde/Chambers
D: Carbon/Davies/Oyedele/Foley
GK: Beckwith

I send a strong message to the team by criticizing and benching starting keeper Mark Goodlad for his very average play of the last few games.

Two games in three days is always tough, and because of that, I'll have many reserves in the game.

They played a 3-5-2 in their last game, but they show a 3-4-3 as we get to the game.

4th minute: Their right full back launches a long pass to their right forward, who then proceeds to center it right on the penalty spot. They convert easily. Down 0-1.

42nd minute: Rob Beckwith punches the ball away, a few feet from Matthew Blinkhorn who turns around and leave the ball to their midfielder who turns around, send it into the box where they convert a second goal. Down 0-2. I'm so pissed, I have to pull Blinkhorn from the game. Steve Howard comes in.

Some ugly passing from us happens in the second half, woah, not good... It also seems we're always second on the ball, there again, not good.

81st minute: Strangely, striker Steve Howard find himself way back in our zone, from where he launches a beautiful ball forward, to Adam Chambers who flicks it to Marc Bridge-Wilkinson. He move forward and does what he has to do when he gets alone with the keeper. still one down, 1-2.

87th minute: We pushed hard and that left some holes in the back, as they center a ball to the 6 yard box. Beckwith stops the first shot, but he can't do anything against the second one. 1-3

Final Score: Luton 1, Watford 3
Shots (on target): Luton 10 (4), Watford 23 (10)
MoM: Watford's Darren Garner with a goal and a ratings of 9
HoM: goalkeeper Rob Beckwith with a ratings of 8

We drop to 5th place. Next game is only on March 4th.

Injury News
Following the game, I learn that Steve Howard will miss two weeks with a groin strain and Tony James will miss one week with a sprained wrist.

Achievement News
James Pinnock makes the League One Team of the Week, thanks to his two goals on free kicks earlier in the week.

Loan News
Gillingham and Ipswich both withdraw their loan bid for Kevin Joyce.

FM